The AIADA Legislative Committee oversees the legislative priorities of the Association. Participation with the legislative committee is based on need and the issue at hand. Specific responsibilities of the AIADA Legislative Committee include:
- Developing comprehensive legislative strategies for the Association including determining which state or national legislative initiatives the Committee and Association should support or introduce, or seek to defeat, for the benefit of the membership and the Association as a whole
- Working on the effective and timely implementation of those strategies
- Developing, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, the Association's positions on various legislative initiatives and undertaking such research as may be necessary to support such positions
- Creating such materials as may be needed to communicate the Association's positions on legislative matters to legislators and other policy makers
- Communicating information on a regular basis to the AIADA membership about: a) legislative and regulatory issues that could potentially affect them; b) current AIADA priority issues and legislative strategies; and c) national and state regulatory requirements that are imposed on them and their operations.